Set in the seaside centres of Busselton, Bunbury, Dunsborough and the Margaret River wine region, CinéfestOZ premieres feature films and events in the region’s cinemas, wineries, small bars and galleries, making it a feast for the senses and an unforgettable five-day getaway.
In 2013 CineféstOZ consolidated its position as the premiere destination film festival in Australia with record numbers of high calibre film guests, a sensational line-up of new Australian and French films and unprecedented audience numbers.
In 2014, CinéfestOZ highlights include:
- Over 200 public screenings of Australian and French feature films, documentaries and short films.
- Film-related events, open to the public and ranging from Red Carpet premiere gala nights to intimate short film screenings in cosy bars
- Forums with filmmakers and cast members through Q&As and ‘In-Conversation’ events.
- The $100,000 CinéfestOZ Film Prize will be awarded to an Australian film entered for selection at CinéfestOZ.
- Filmmaking workshops for public participation.
- Cine-Snaps schools program will attract 2500 South West school children to its film incursions and excursions, workshops and a Short Film competition.
- A CinéfestOZ Screen Legend is awarded to an Australian actor or filmmaker of international repute.
CinéfestOZ begins with a red carpet event this Wednesday 20th August at Festival Marquee Busselton & Orana Cinemas.