Need a new page added to your website? No problem! Brandicoot clients that have access to their website dashboard can easily add new pages to their website.
In true Brandicoot form we have created a simple step by step guide to help get you creating new website pages.
1. To create a new page, hover your curser over the “Pages” menu item on the left hand side of your website dashboard and then click “Add New”
This will open the new page editing screen.
2. Start by entering a “Title” for your page in the top left hand side section.
3. Add your page content into the large box on the left hand side, just below the title.
4. If you want to add an image follow these steps:
- click the curser within the content section where you would like to display the image
- click on the “Add Media” button which is at the top left hand side of the content entry section.
- If you need to upload the image click the “Upload Files” button and then drag & drop images into the screen. This will upload your image and automatically select it.
- If the image is already within the “Media Library” locate and select the image.
- Have a look at the “Attachment Details” on the right hand side, and make sure you are happy with the image title.
- Next, ensure that the display settings suit your requirements, Alignment (Center, Left, Right or None) & Size are the most common alterations to be considered.
- Then click “Insert Into Page”
Now your new page has a title and some content with an image, fantastic!
Next it’s time to decide if this is a stand alone page, or if it belongs in a menu that already exists on your website. For this example we will say the page should be listed within an existing menu.
5. Head to the right hand side of the page to the “Page Attributes” section.
- Click on the “Parent” menu item drop down box (no parent) and select the menu that this page should appear under.
- Leave the template as “Default Template“.
- If there are already multiple menu items within the menu you have selected enter which number order you would like this page to show as. For example: if there are already 5 pages within this menu and you want to add it to the end, order the page as 6.
6. Now it’s time to have a look at the page, head to right hand side “Publish” menu box and select “Preview”. This will open the page in a new tab on your browser. If you need to make any amendments head back to the editing screen and make them.
7. Happy with how the page looks? Great! Again, head to the “Publish” menu box select the blue “Publish” button. (You also have the option here to save as a draft, or to schedule the page to publish at a future date & time.)
This completes your page, but it is likely you will find that it is not showing on your website yet… We can fix that up for you, just head to the How To Add or Edit your Website Menu page.
If you have had any problems or need a hand, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Brandicoot team, we’d love to hear from you!