Have you ever searched for something on the internet and seen a map appear with red markers flagged for local businesses that offer goods and/or services related to your search? Well then my friend, you have had a taste of Google Places. Imagine how much this could assist you if it was your business that showed in the results.
If there is one very easy way you can take to help improve your online exposure, it is to register your business in Google Places. By doing so, it allows customers to find you via Google Maps, showing them where you are as well as giving them an insight as to what your business is all about.
The process is a simple one, and is as follows:
- Go to http://www.google.com/places/
- Under “Get your business found on Google” click the “Get started now” button
- Select your country and enter your phone number
- Click on the “Find business information” button
- This take you to a new page which you should fill out as much info as you can
- Once you have done this click on the submit button at the bottom
- You will then be given an option of how to verify your business
- Choose one of these and once verified, your business will appear in Google Places
If you need any assistance in this process, please contact Andrew, Chris or Simon at Brandicoot on (08) 9745 9170. We are always happy to help!