It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, so can you imagine how many a video is worth? There are so many uses for a video on your website, such as product demonstrations, how-to videos, event footage and news stories. As a Brandicoot subscriber, we give you one of the simplest and most effective methods in adding a video to your website.
If it is a video that you have a recording of, the first step is to upload it to the internet. The best place we have found is to upload it to YouTube. If you don’t have a YouTube account, you can sign up for a free one right here and click on “Create an Account” in the top right hand corner.
Once you fill in all your details and activate your account you will be able to upload your video. Just follow the simple step by step instructions on the site.
Once you have your video uploaded, there are a few simple steps to make in order to have it appear on your website (click on any images below to enlarge them):
1. Between the “Add Media” button and the “Add Form” button there is a button that looks like a play button. Click this.
2. A box appears (as below) that asks you for a few details. What we need to do is open another tab and find our video.
3. We find our video on youtube and simply copy the URL from the address bar at the top of the screen (highlighted in blue).
4. Paste this address in the Video URL box in the previous window. Video title and caption are optional. The video height and width can be adjusted as required. Once you are happy with the settings, click on “Insert Video”
5. You will see a string of code now appears on your post page as pictured below
6. Hit “publish” and then view the page and you will see your video embedded in the page, something like what you see below.
If you have any difficulty getting videos onto your website, please feel free to give Andrew, Chris or Simon a call on (08) 9745 9170. We’rre always happy to help.