If there is one thing every website owner wants to do it is to grab the attention of a visitor. There are numerous ways to do this, with one of the most simple and effective ways is to add video content. If your website was developed by the Brandicoot team, then we have made this extremely easy for you using the VidEmbed plugin.
What VidEmbed allows you to do is insert a video into a post or page with a few clicks of a button. I strongly recommend using YouTube to host your videos and then drawing the information from there. This will minimize the bandwidth you use for your own site and capitalizing on the power of YouTube for performance as well as their potential audience.
So how is it done?
There are 5 simple steps:
1. Start adding/editing a post or page in the wp-admin area.
2. Click the VidEmbed shortcode button at the top of the visual editor.
3. After clicking the shortcode button a form will appear.
4. Enter the required information for the video you would like to embed.
5. Click the insert video button.
And that is it! You now have a video inserted into your webpage! (example below) Watch and enjoy 🙂
If you are not sure how to set up a YouTube channel in order to take full advantage of this article, then please feel free to contact Andrew, Chris or Simon and Brandicoot on 9745 9170 and they will be able to assist.